Confined Space Entry & Rescue Training
RAI-West Africa Ltd has designed the Confined Space Entry & Rescue Training to provide you with the skills and knowledge required for certification to Chapter 7, “Confined Space Rescue” as described in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1006 and according to the South African SAQA Unit Standard 15034 / 260139
RAI – WA’s Confined Space Entry & Rescue Training covers the following areas:
- Confined space rescue operations,
- Utilizing appropriate equipment,
- Including patient stabilization in confined space stretchers
- Different types of confined space stretchers
- Tripod Operations
- Identifying and mitigating hazards in a confined space,
- Patient and resource management techniques.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the required written and skills test will receive a SAQA Unit Standard aligned certification from a NFPA Accredited Confined Space Entry and Rescue Instructor.
- Physically fit (no limitations i.e. Asthma)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to read and write English.
- Functioning literacy in English
- Not Claustrophobic (fear of small spaces)
Valid for 3 years.
Duration of Course:
Working in a Confined Space:
3 days of training
(2 days lectures, 1 days practical & assessment at the RAI-WA Facility or clients training venue.)
Rope Rescue From a Confined Space
5 days of training
(2 days lectures, 2 days practical at the RAI – West Africa’s Facility or clients training venue , 1 day assessment at an outside venue.)
Courses are run regularly, please contact RAI – West Africa Ltd for more details:
Office: +233 (0) 302 731871